Wednesday, August 24, 2011
CalSERVES AmeriCorps, The Beginning
Well, It happened, I finally started with CalSERVES AmeriCorps! I moved out to Santa Rosa and into my new home with my 3 room mates who are in the program with me! I started work on the 15th with so much excitement running through my body, and I have to say, one week and a half later the excitement is still there and only growing! I have never felt so alive in my life, and never felt this feeling of total completeness. I have truly found my passion and I could not be happier. The CalSERVES program is everything I imagined and more. Now, I am not going to say its not been slightly hard to adjust to the area and the job is stressful at times, but I am staying positive and focusing on my passion. I am still in training until next Thursday, and then the real fun starts, I MEET MY STUDENTS FOR THE YEAR! I am beyond excited! I often look at my fellow AmeriCorps members in the classroom or huddled in a group outside, and I see our logo on the shirts, It's so picture perfect. I am FINALLY an AmeriCorps member, something I have wanted for almost 2 years now. I am so lucky and grateful for the opp. to be a part of such a truly amazing and life changing organization! The biggest thing I know i have to work on is staying positive, because I know there are going to be times when it will be hard, but I will stay focused on my passion and my students and I know that will bring a smile back to my face! I am so glad I am following my dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment